Sunday, August 19, 2007

When the sirens go in your life

The other day, I was on the road to Klang. The traffic was heavy from Petaling Jaya on the Federal Highway. Then, above the din of the music in my car, I heard the muffled sound of a siren blaring and glanced at my rearview mirror. Aha, aha. My ticket through the congestion. The ambulance weaved through as the cars gave way, and once it passed me, I trailed it easily from a safe distance.

Other motorists cut in soon enough but at a distance I think too close for comfort to the ambulance.

How many of us have had this experience?

Someone's rushing. Someone's in trouble. And we somehow latch on to the opportunity arising from their misfortune.

Whether we do or not, the traffic would soon close in again. And the window of opportunity would be gone.

Seasons.

We're talking about timing here.

Are you watching and praying? Or are you just watching but not praying? Or simply just praying, but not watching? Either will not do. It must be both.

The sifting we've all be warned against is not over yet. It is August. And soon, we'll move on to the remaining quarter of the year. And that's when we expect to see the sifting transit to its final phase.

Look around you in the church. Are you hearing? Are you seeing? Are you discerning?

Eyes that see but do not interpret. Ears that hear but do not understand.

When the sirens go in your life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precisely is being sifted, pastor?

Zlwin Chew said...

yes it will go on...