Monday, November 5, 2007

Pinko Thinks Why Dice?

Just in case some of you are wondering why the dices, I'll best let Zlwin explain because he's the brains behind the new header in my blog. And, yes. I liked it. So it stays.

Why Dice?

The gambler places his bet. He gathers what is important to him and places it like an egg on the bull’s horn. He then takes the dice, shakes it in his hand and hoping for the best. He prays (to whom God knows) and he hopes. Holding the dice tightly in his palm he then throws it on the gambling table. The faces of the dice then decide his destiny.

What does it matter?

To a gambler who has almost nothing to call his own, nothing matters. No responsibilities, nothing matters. No aim in life, nothing matters. No reason for living another day, nothing matters. It does not matter to him anymore whether he lose or wins. If he loses, it is just another lost out of his hundreds. If he wins, he gives thanks to luck and then rolls the dice again and hope luck is still with him.

The problem now is that we fail to see beyond the question, “What does it matter?” Before we do something, we don’t even give a thought of how will it affect us or others in the days to come.

I have money, I have fame, and I have the position of utmost importance, what does having Jesus matter to me? Does it matter if I don’t share the Gospel? After all, there are a lot of enthusiastic Christians out there to do it. What does it matter if I am not one of them?

If I do this, what does it matter? If I don’t do this, what does it matter?

We lead comfortable lives and have everything we want for our pleasure and comfort. Life couldn’t be better than this. Read the Bible? Haha. What does it matter? Pray? Yea I do pray, I pray that God will bless my family and me. I thank God each day for the blessings He has poured on me. I am so blessed. Press in and seek the things of God and everything will be given to me as well? But I have everything. What does it matter?

We just go on with life each day chasing after our own dreams and desires oblivious of what is going on around us. Many of us do know the seriousness of the situation in the world we live in today... but... what does it matter?

Each day is lived based on the end results of yesterday’s living. Must we then take good care of how we live today? What does it matter?

We just throw the dice and que sara sara, whatever will be will be.

What does it matter anyway?

No comments: